Down in the Garden

August 3, 2009

BBQ Summer – What a Washout!

Filed under: Uncategorized — gardengamesandleisure @ 12:01 pm

The Met Office have recently done a bit of a U-Turn and have now seen fit to revise their ‘Odds on for a BBQ Summer’ statement they made in April. Other untruths from the Met reported by BBC News were that ‘we are heading for a long period of BBQ weather this year’ but on to July and all is not quite as reported what with the case of 100 children being evacuated from a water-logged Camp Site in the Lake District and general gloom on most seafront promenades up and down the country.

Ewan McCullum, chief meteorologist at the Met Office went public in April and said ‘We are seeing a signal for a warmer than average summer which again means that we could have good hot spells and perhaps get the BBQ out’, but in the last couple of days he has added ‘The phrase we used was Odds on for a BBQ Summer, we were talking about a 65% chance, that meant there is a 35% chance that July would turn out the way it did, but as I say we still have August to come’. Never mind Ewan, I’m sure August will be lovely!

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: